Saturday, August 15, 2015

~*★Review★*~ Lost Prelude ( Alexander & Maya #1) by Ella Maise


Title: Lost Prelude
Author: Ella Maise
Genre: New Adult, Contemporary Romance
Series or Standalone: Series
Rating: ★★★★★

This book took me by surprise.

Having never read this author before, I had no idea what I was going to be in for when I started to read, only going strictly based on the pull of the cover and the story of a girl desperately in need of healing, after losing one of the most important people in her life.

By the time I finished the story, I had gotten that and so much more.

The memories were by far the hardest for me to get through while reading. Not because they weren’t written well, because they were, but because I could see myself in them instead of Maya.

The relationship that she has with her father, the undying love and devotion and the loss she experiences when he passes away, I could easily put myself in her shoes, be her because I have that same regard for my own father. There are times where I can’t even imagine breathing again once he’s gone, even though I’m aware that at some point we all have to move on. Just the fear alone of losing him, let alone living after scares me to death and it’s this feeling that made Maya such an incredibly moving character.

Enter Alexander. (Yeah I’m gonna be as stubborn about it as Maya was lol). I wasn’t entirely sure what to make of him from the first moment he appears. In fact, there is this air about him throughout most of this book that screams complicated, screams backstory, but you’re kept away from the curtain that would expose it fully. It wasn’t enough to disconnect me though. It was enough to intrigue me. To need to know more.

Where at times he comes across as the typical fictional alpha male, there were these other moments throughout where he just melted my damn heart. He cared about Maya despite being unable to completely understand why. He wanted to help her. Heal her. Be there for her. Bring beauty back into her life and by the time I turned the last page, I can say that he did that, even if it was only for a brief period.

This story had its fair share of steamy scenes, but what I enjoyed about them more than the steam factor was how they blended into the story and each scene, while raw and sometimes even animalistic with the need presented in it, had it’s place. Every time they were together, it wasn’t just sex. It was feeling and healing and romantic.

This is not a happily ever after. In order to get that, I do believe you’re going to need to read both books (which I am now after this review off to do), but it does have epic moments of romance, of love (though not spoken, just clearly visible), and also pain and agony. It’s a combination of the best and worst parts of life and relationships, which for this reader makes it one hell of a read.

It wasn’t a pretty book, but it was a beautiful book and I am so glad I took the chance and read it. Now I need to go grab some tissues, have a good cry and attempt to get Maya out of my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment