Monday, August 17, 2015

~*★Review★*~ Reckless (Forever #6) by Priscilla West

Title: Reckless
Author: Priscilla West
Genre: New Adult, Contemporary Romance
Series or Standalone: Series (Forever #6)
Rating: ★★★★★
Reviewer: Melyssa



I’ve been following a trend with my reading lately. Because of all the books I read for various blogs (including my own), I seem to be spending a lot of time reading authors that up until the moment I crack open a book and start, I’ve never had the pleasure of reading.

This is the case with Priscilla West and Reckless. Having never read one of her stories before, I had no idea what to expect, but was quickly shown, through style of writing, pacing and engaging characters, along with quite a few sweet and funny moments, just what kind of storyteller she is.

This book was everything I could have wanted and more.

The first thing I noticed about both Jax and Riley was that they weren’t the type of characters you’re normally met with in a romance.

Sure, Jax was the lead singer of a band (The Hitchcocks, not the Cocks’ I might add lol) so he had quite the cocky persona when you’re first introduced to him, but once you get past that, there was so many different layers to him. Broken boy, tender sweetheart and of course The Rockstar, among a few others. And as each layer was introduced, I found it extremely hard not to be like Riley and fall for him. He just came across that well.

On the flip side, we’ve got Riley. Who right from the first page shows that she’s not the weak willed heroine that’s desperately in need of saving. She’s a risk taker, take no shit, live life in the here and now kind of girl. Who just happens to hold down a stable job that she enjoys. A job that throws her smack dab into a life she’s in no way prepared for. The life of a rockstar.

These two played so well off each other, the buildup to their inevitable union almost as good as the aftermath. The joking, the games, the chase, I was engaged through all of it and then melting once the games stopped and they were swept up in each other.

This story took me by surprise in that, I was expecting more of a edgier read given that it was a rockstar read and what I got was one hell of a sweet and romantic one. If I hadn’t already been hooked on it that would have done it. Surprises when they happen while reading, make this reader a happy camper and the more romantic nature of this despite who Jax was, worked perfectly.

But no romance is without conflict and while this one seemed to come out of nowhere, it set up perfectly for the story to continue in another book. So if books that end with cliff-hangers or open ends where you feel as though there needs to be more told aren’t your thing, you might wanna stay away from this, but since both books are already released, you can get the complete story right away with no waiting.

Learning how Jax started, what causes him to act out during this story, was great. It made me sympathize and adore him that much more. Yes. I admit it, I’m officially part of the Jax Effect. *sighs* I didn’t go into this expecting to walk away with a book boyfriend, but here we are.

Add everything I’ve said about to the way this story just flowed to the point where I devoured it, never putting it down once in the two hours it took me to read it, and for this reader, it was time well spent on a story that I thoroughly enjoyed.

If you’re looking for a fast paced romantic read with a little bit of rocker and steam thrown in, then this is one you’ve definitely got to read. Now all I need to do is find myself a Jax and I’ll be all set.

My thanks to the author and NetGalley for giving me the chance to read an ARC of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment