Monday, August 17, 2015

~*★Review★*~ Tyrant by T.M. Frazier

Title: Tyrant
Author: T.M. Frazier
Genre: New Adult, Contemporary Romance, Suspense, Erotica
Series or Standalone: Series (King #2)
Rating: ★★★★ 1/2
Reviewer: Diane
This is my 4.5 star spoiler free review.

 Wow!  I'm not sure I can put my thoughts for this story on paper.  It's a continuation from King that needs to be read first.  It has twists and turns that I did not see coming. This book is very dark.  There are scenes that were disturbing and very hard to read. This book is for a mature audience due to some of the scenes.  It's a dark, action packed, suspenseful romance with an HEA.  It concludes this 2 part book.  Tyrant starts where King left off with a cliff-hanger.

  King was such an amazing book that I had formed in my mind, that the second would be also and much more.  I generally don't like to read cliff-hanger kind of books series for the reason where I hold high expectations and I personally expect the subsequent books to be more than the first part.  When it's not up to par with the previous, I'm disappointed.  I have mix feelings about this one.   

  Some parts of the book were very hard to read about, I personally don't do well with excessive torture.  Especially the part about Bear's torture.   Although there were times that my heart swelled from all the emotions that were flying around.  These characters are strong willed, show so much strength and do not back down when faced with difficult situations.  King and Pup are made and complete each other.  They couldn't be any different from each other.  But has they say opposites attract.  I liked the way a secondary character was introduced and played a major role in this book because he will have his own story to tell.  

  T.M. Frazier his a good writer, her story was captivating and kept me reading it all in one day.  She's not afraid to write very dark stories. She keeps our adrenaline pumping throughout the book.   It kept me on the edge of my seat.  I was never sure about what was coming next.  She wrote about family bonding that don't share blood.  They share a connection, love and they would do anything to protect their loved ones.  

  The epilogue was nicely done.  All the pieces of the puzzle fell nicely into place very well.  Everyone gets their HEA and more.  The epilogue does not leave any loose ends, except for Bear.  Even though Preppy died, you feel him throughout the entire book till the very end.

  This book could have used a little editing there were missing words where I would have to read the paragraph twice to make sure I understood.

  I will read more of her books in the future and can't wait for Bears story.  I recommend this book and I also recommend her previous books.  She’s a writer worth following up on.  


No comments:

Post a Comment